View Single Post

Old 04-01-2021, 06:32 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5150 View Post
Honestly for me personally? Just weld the cracked frame back together, send it back to me and tell me I'll take full responsibility if it catastrophically fails on me. Living in California anyway it's not like they'd be able to transfer a new production replacement to me, let alone another 4006TSW they dig out of a vault somewhere so I'd pretty much only be able to get a CA approved Shield back.
Damn. I didn't see that you were here in CA. I'm in the same boat, FWIW. Now that I can no longer use the peace officer exemption to buy off-roster handguns, I'd have to choose from among their CA Roster Approved handguns if one of mine were to become unrepairable. Unless you were willing to settle for a Shield 40 (original configuration), or one of their revolvers, you'd be left on the outside looking in. Sigh.

Personally, I'd take a long look at one of their revolvers, but then I'm a longtime revolver guy.

Not sure the company would want to create needless exposure to liability to make some unusual repair if they thought a catastrophic failure might occur. Sometimes those waivers aren't worth the paper upon which they're printed, if they reach a court room (and then there's the court of public opinion if someone is injured or killed with one of their products). I'd be very, very surprised if they offered to weld/repair a cracked stainless frame.

Best of luck to you. Let us know what happens.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 04-01-2021 at 06:34 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: