View Single Post

Old 04-03-2021, 09:20 PM

Liked 676 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YkcorCal View Post
I agree, as I have said they have a limited range and use but are effective in that range of use. It takes training and skill to use them effectively and properly. They are not for the "average" person to just pick up and use effectively and are subject to misuse by those with criminal intent so must be tightly controlled and monitored thus the federal licensing requirement.
Asking in a respectful tone, have you shot one of the Shockwave gripped non-shotguns? Any training time to back up the assertions?

I ask because my experience is considerably different than what you are opining. My experience is almost three years of ownership
and 400 mixed shells +/-.
1) My 14” Shockwave 870 is considerably more accurate with the Federal FliteControl than my smoothbore 20” barrel, to my frustration.

2) Cannot notice a difference between slug accuracy between stocked and non stocked 870s.

3) Tons of internet videos of shooting slugs from Shockwaves to 100 yards and beyond. I just do not enjoy slugs enough to try.

4) I found I prefer the recoil of the PGO Shockwave over the stocked 870. Much less bruising for me.
The Following User Likes This Post: