View Single Post

Old 04-04-2021, 09:53 PM

Liked 120 Times in 70 Posts
Default actual manafacturer of this pistol was FEG of hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRippert View Post
I was watching this one over the last 10 days. Thought it would make a good semi custom project base/shooter with better sights. Even a non FN HP is going for pretty good money these days. Before FN quit building Hi Powers you could get a Mauser HP like this one for $400, give or take. It is far from a collector grade. Just a nice shooter with lots of finish wear but no rust or pitting. It still ended up higher than I thought it would, even in today's market. This auction went out a hour or two ago.

Mauser 80SA Hi-Power 9mm - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 895764301
I have three nice FN/Browning hi-powers. My first Hi-power was a $400 Israeli trade-in FN MKIII with black finish. The finish was holster worn but the internals were almost new (carried a lot and shot very little). I found another browning hi-power in very nice condition at a local gun show for $500 6 months later. These are very, very nice shooters. Very accurate! I recently bought a like new in the box Browning high power (which will go into my safe) from a forum member for a reasonable price, but I was shocked at the price and condition of this hi-power on gunbroker. I was even more shocked to learn that it was actually produced by the hungarian firm of F.E.G. for mauser, so this is actually an F.E.G. pistol. If the F.E.G. was in mint condition, it would probably go for that price, but not in the condition that it is in. As always, I think a little bit more research should be done before bidding
The Following User Likes This Post: