View Single Post

Old 04-07-2021, 12:04 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,547 Times in 1,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by .38SuperMan View Post
I have to stop reading this forum. I did a search on the Cimarron General Custer model and up popped Mudways sit. I made the mistake of clicking on it and by golly they had one at nearly $100 off. I just couldn’t resist.

It arrived today and I’m impressed. Hopefully I’ll get to the range tomorrow for a few minutes and see how it shoots.

I collect vintage photographs and have for about fifty years. Twenty years ago I ran across what you might call a real jewel in a little junk shop. I wasn’t exactly sure who was in the photo and the owner didn’t have a foggy clue. Anyway I bought it and started doing research. It turns out, and I had it authenticated by an expert, that it’s an original Mathew Brady tintype of General George Armstrong Custer just after he receive his second star. I believe it was 1865 but may be wrong.

So this revolver will go quite well with the tintype. Please excuse the bad snapshot.

Not sure why the photo is horizontal. It’s vertical and I tried rotating it but no luck.
That is so cool finding that tintype. And yes, the revolver will go well with it.