View Single Post

Old 04-08-2021, 01:23 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 180 Times in 87 Posts

Ultra,
Thanks for the tip, but all of my handguns (except .22's) are set up for defensive shooting, so I don't have any use for scopes. Nothing against them, just not my cup of tea. I can shoot reasonable groups with most handguns out to 100 yards with iron sights. Recent example: Early this week took my son's house gun to the range for quick function testing before a complete cleaning. It is a Sig 239. I had two rounds left. I fired both at an 8" plate at 50 yards. Hit it once. Trust me, it's not great skill on my part, just putting all the basics together.
Protocall, you may be on to something. the only 2 S&W revolvers I have (not counting snubbies) that are less than 20 years old, both had accuracy issues. However, all the rest shoot plated bullets with great accuracy, especially the current crop of 130 grain FMC factory loadings. Personally, i think all the problems started with EDM rifling, but I am a collector and a shooter, not a gunsmith. However, I will load a batch of lead SWC's for comparison. That just makes sense.
thanks again for all the input.