View Single Post

Old 04-09-2021, 12:29 AM

Liked 1,195 Times in 457 Posts

I have LONG been a real fan of the Model 15's. In fact, the whole Masterpiece series have long had my admiration.

I picked this up from a friend who bought it at our local club sale table four or five years ago. He (and I) paid $275.00 for it. It was and is nearly perfect:

I gifted it to my youngest son and his wife for home protection. They both shoot it quite well, too. Sean is an accomplished handgunner and his wife does quite well, too.

Using the proper ammunition, these fine guns do excellent work in the Field, also. There is probably not a better edible small game handgun to be had when properly loaded. I prefer and handcast full charge wadcutter (my preference is a a #50 original H&G four cavity mold ahead of 3.5 grs. of Bullseye. Pleasant to shoot, does not blast your ears off and does EXCELLENT work! One shot stops on sitting Grouse, cottontails, snow shoe rabbits, and squirrels as well. That load is highly rated as a self defense round if you don't mind shooting reloads for self defense. The pictured RF Lee 158 gr bullet, works quite well also, and at the longer ranges does better than the W/C past 50 yards.

Just a thought or two...
Dale53

P.S. Note: this particular revolver has target hammer, trigger, and grips, as issued. Our local police department was a competitive shooting department during the years they carried these. I cannot swear to it, but I believe they were ordered this way for our local PD. However, as you can see, this particular revolver was issued to the Orange County, California Sheriffs Dept.rdm

Last edited by Dale53; 04-09-2021 at 12:36 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: