View Single Post

Old 07-24-2021, 09:53 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,194 Times in 722 Posts
Default 1917 Commercial - The search is over

Well I’ve had quite a few 1917s in my possession over the years but have never had the right commercial variant come my way at a price I felt was good and inline with condition. Until today

Cottonwood AZ and this store in particular has always been fruitful for me, something about small town gun stores are always just “fun” to visit. Today they had a collection of Smiths and Colts on consignment and I took my time looking through them. This 1917 jumped out to me due to the condition, originality, price and the fact that it was not a US Prop or Brazilian.

I pulled the grips, checked the usual places, yep all serials match. Lanyard loop still in tact, military proofs, small logo on the left side of the frame. All confirming a commercial 1917. S1784XX. Price? $1100 plus tax… I’ll take it. I’ve had some money burning a hole in my pocket so why not?

Sure it’s maybe not as good as the deal I got there a few years back when I bought an original TL Target with pre war magnas for $900 but I couldn’t leave it either. I also got my first 5 screw 44 magnum at this shop for $850. Just thought I’d share a few pics of the new acquisition.

If you ain’t looking’ you ain’t findin’!

SVT28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SVT28; 07-24-2021 at 09:56 PM.
The Following 45 Users Like Post: