View Single Post

Old 08-02-2021, 10:52 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,145 Times in 369 Posts

Almost 20 years ago I was a Gun Library Mgr at Cabela's. I bought a collection of S&W guns and in that collection was a M57 4 inch 41. I could have bought it but I had a M29 at the time and didn't see the need. I loved the feel of that 41 however and by the time I made up my mind it was sold.
I recently bought a M57 no dash 4 inch nickel and have been enjoying that gun. I have M19's in blue and nickel and when I saw another no dash blue M57 on another forum I snatched it up. I was thinking of pairs of revolvers in blued/nickel. This gun had Pachmayer grips which I just don't care for. I lucked into a set of grips from Ken Driskill which I thought would look great on it. The grips hadn't arrived when the county sheriff called asking about this gun. To make a long story short this gun was stolen from Tacoma Washington over 30 years ago! I had to surrender the gun and am out the purchase price. I'm going to try to get it back but as it was stolen in Washington, sold from a gentleman in Idaho and I live in Michigan it's doubtful.
To ease the pain I have a 6 inch M57 that should be here today but I'm going to continue the search for a blued 4 inch.