View Single Post

Old 08-05-2021, 04:45 PM

Liked 15,887 Times in 4,022 Posts
Default Curt Harlow's incredible artistry

I want to give a huge shout out to Curt Harlow, 44magget on this site, grip maker extraordinaire. I had Curt make me 2 sets of service style stocks and I was blown away by the beauty and quality. I decided I needed more of his work. I e-mailed him and asked him to make me a set of Ropers. I wanted fancy grips and told him so. He quoted me a price based on his available woods, but said we could order in anything I wanted and even gave me the website of an exotic wood store in his town.
I was able to browse their site and pick out the exact piece of wood I wanted him to make my grips out of. He went and picked it up. As the piece of wood was big enough for several pairs of grips we split the cost of the wood. Curt then worked his magic.
The wood is bubinga and my lighting has changed the color. The actual color has a little more red in it than my photos show. The figure is just amazing! I have installed them on a 4" 586 and they feel wonderful!
If you're in need of some new clothes for your favorite revolver, you can't go wrong with Curt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ropers1.JPG (45.2 KB, 415 views)
File Type: jpg ropers2.JPG (49.8 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg ropers3.JPG (49.0 KB, 291 views)