View Single Post

Old 08-06-2021, 08:40 AM

Liked 3,330 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmar View Post
Seems like a fair price for the gun. As long as the mechanics are good, I’d grab it, especially at $425!

For some perspective, I was at a large retailer and they were selling some used Smith, and Colt revolvers that looked horrible. They had rust, pitting, finish worn off, grips worn smooth and darkened (one didn’t even have any grips), etc. for $700+...! Couldn’t believe it, they were so rough.

I told the young sales guy they were way overpriced. His response, in a condescending tone, “well, they’re classic guns.” I’m usually kind to retail salespeople, but I literally laughed out loud...

That 66 is decent, and would be a worthy project to try to restore the finish. I believe gray Scotchbrite pads (someone correct me if I’m mistaken on the color pad) are supposed to approximate the factory satin finish. Do that, and find a good set of grips, and you’ve got an awesome gun! Even in that condition, it’ll be a fine truck, carry, beside gun. I’d be all over that one...
A gun store near here has a 32-20 for $700. I can't even remember if it's a Colt or S&W. It's beat to heck.
Why can't I find a good deal?