View Single Post

Old 08-06-2021, 06:06 PM

Liked 21,532 Times in 6,950 Posts

I was out cruising US 30 from Gettysburg to Hanover after a breakfast meeting with the treasurer of one of my clubs. Just past the US 15 interchange is a local gun shop that I visit on occasion. Most of its handgun stock is newer models, but in one of the cases was a Browning High Power. Being that I like classic vintage handguns, I decided it couldn't hurt to take a look at it. The finish looked perfect, the bore was great, there was virtually no movement to the slide when the gun was in battery, the trigger pull was pretty good and the slide felt like it moved on ball bearings. It looked like it had been somebody's safe queen, and the price seemed fair.

But of course, I wanted to be responsible and not act on impulse. I went on to Hanover and on the way home stopped back in at the shop. Nobody else had scooped up the gun, so I figured I tempted fate once and there was no use letting this gun get away. I told myself it would make a nice upgrade to the shooters I already had. So it came home with me. Not only did it come with the original box, but it had every piece of paper that was issued with the gun and the test shell casing in a sealed envelope. This is definitely now the best of the shooter High Powers in my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0382.jpg (118.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0385.jpg (57.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0386.jpg (53.8 KB, 35 views)
The Following 8 Users Like Post: