View Single Post

Old 08-18-2021, 12:31 PM

Liked 708 Times in 347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Moore View Post
Considering my experience with automotive electronics, there's no way in Hades I'd trust any electronic widget to weigh powder charges.
All our medications are weighed on electronic scales, paint mix scales are all electronic, electronic scales work and work well at this point. The question here is should one trust one for just a couple hundred bucks when a "good" scale tends to be a lot more money.
I suppose I'd trust it to make fair to very good ammo but would want a better scale if I were shooting at a high level at longer ranges.
I owned whatever they called the predecessor to the Chargemaster and found it slower and more annoying to use than a volume-type powder dispenser and manual trickle for most things where I was making more than just a few cartridges.
I'm sure they have improved but I don't know they have improved that much. On the other hand, while it was slower it was also less work since I could push the button and watch it do the work. Overall I found it not worth the bench space and was happy to see the back of it.
Helpful for load development and low-volume fairly-accurate charges. Not much use for bulk reloading.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: