View Single Post

Old 08-19-2021, 03:31 AM

Liked 9,327 Times in 3,495 Posts
Default ChargeMaster 1500

I've had my ChargeMaster 1500 for almost (7) years now & it's the only dispenser I've used since I bought it.

Before CV-19 I consistently loaded 200-300 handgun rounds a week with it.

Frequently I'm doing load development trying different powder charge combinations with a new bullet.

I love being able to key in a new charge weight on the fly & it's been a big time saver in that regard.

Change to a different powder & just key in the new weight. Easy done.

By the time I dump the dispensed powder in a case, set the pan back on the dispenser, seat the bullet & visually check it, the next powder charge is usually ready to be dumped.

I've not had any issues with the keypad.

On occasion I've had it lock-up & had to power cycle it to continue. No biggie.

I randomly double check the CM1500's dispensed power charge against my Lyman M5 & if it drifts any I reset/re-calibrate it but generally it stays steady.

I always thought the cord on the power supply looked flimsy but I don't man-handle it & it's not been a problem.

People have reported that RCBS gives no support on scales that fail outside of warranty which is a shame because RCBS has always been more than fair whenever I've had issues with other items of theirs.

After a thorough out-of-the-box inspection by my assistant it's been good to go.

Last edited by BLUEDOT37; 08-19-2021 at 03:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: