Thread: 34-2 Cylinder
View Single Post

Old 08-31-2021, 06:56 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,341 Times in 10,021 Posts

I used to have that problem on a couple of my S&W 22 revolvers, then ran a 22lf finishing reamer through then and have never looked back. S&W is know for tight 22lr chambers. The reamer only removed a tiny bit of metal from each chamber, but boy what a difference. I can fire a 100 rds off what ever brand and easily eject empties

You can rent the reamer from 4 D Reamer Rentals.
Some brake cleaner and some cutting oil, a padded vise and a tap handle and in 15 minutes your done.

Place the cylinder in the vise, some hard wood will work for padding. You can leave ejector rod and extractor in place if you want. Oil the reamer and insert into chamber and turn to the right, NEVER the left. Just light pressure. It will probably won't even cut until it is about 1/2 way in. turn slowly and evenly. Probably bottom out before it starts to take much effort. If it does start to take a bit of effort remover it turning to the right as you do, Spray off the reamer and chamber with brake cleaner to remove tiny metal chips, coat with oil and continue. Once the ledge in cutter for the rim touches the bottom of your recesses you are done with that chamber. Clean and oil cutter and do the next chamber. The reamer just took out a tiny bit of very fine cutting from each chamber and took very little effort to turn.

Last edited by steelslaver; 08-31-2021 at 08:33 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: