View Single Post

Old 09-03-2021, 04:45 PM

Liked 2,714 Times in 910 Posts
Default Scored some powder today

Wifey "had" to go to a couple yard sales today. There were a couple of TC Hawkens out front. I was looking at them and the gal having the sale asked if I was interested in any reloading stuff. Not wanting to act tooooo eager, I said I would like to look at it. We went into the basement where she had ammo and reloading stuff a plenty. She told me she had looked on line and had the ammo marked accordingly. When I saw the prices, I politely told the woman that she would not get that kind of money for it selling at a yard sale. I went into a room that had reloading components for rifle, pistol, shotgun and black powder.
Everything she had marked was at or above retail. I found a box of powder that just had old store prices stickers on the cans. I told her I'd do $30 for the box. She looked in it and said she couldn't and I asked her what she wanted for it. She said at least $100. We haggled back and forth and I walked away with 10 pounds of powder for $76.
The great thing about it is that it had 2.5 pounds of H110, a pound of AA No.9 and a pound and a half of Blue Dot. All powders I was running low on to feed my M27 and M29 and my new 1894 Marlin 357 magnum.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: