View Single Post

Old 09-06-2021, 01:19 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,356 Times in 681 Posts
Default TWO .22 Ladysmiths Added to My Accumulation

I'm an "old" man. I'm excited!!! That doesn't happen very often.

I have been looking for a very long time to add a "nice" M frame .22 Ladysmith to my meager accumulation. I have seen lots of them priced for way more than I was willing to pay. And every time I came across a nice one, it sold for more than I was willing to pay.

A week or so ago, I ran across two of them on GB and put them in my watch list. To make a long story short, I ended up with both of them. The first one that I "won" is a "plain jane" 4" blue version 3rd model that shows some normal finish wear, but has the nicest forcing cone I have ever seen on one of these.

The second one that I ended up with is also a 3rd model, with 3 1/2" barrel, blued. It is pretty much brand new. It was obviously refinished at some point, due to the fact that it is fully engraved! I have no idea if it is factory or not, but it is exquisite in appearance. I took a big gamble on this one. It will be interesting to see what I can find out about it. Will definitely be "talking" with Roy on this one.

Oh, yeah. Another interesting tidbit is the serial numbers on these two guns are only 22 apart. When I have the guns in hand, I will take a few better pictures and get them posted up here. For now, these will have to do. Sure am hoping I didn't get burned too bad...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LS 1.jpg (80.1 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg LS 2.jpg (83.3 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg LS 1 Engraved.jpg (148.7 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg LS 2 Engraved.jpg (162.2 KB, 168 views)