View Single Post

Old 09-08-2021, 12:47 PM

Liked 8,922 Times in 4,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBro View Post
I had a most pleasant experience at the range yesterday. I had scored 200 new Starline 44Spl cases awhile back and just got around to searching out a load for which I had most of the specified components.
On Hogdons website I found a load for a 200gr Nosler over CFE Pistol lit up by a WLPP. I started at 6.3gr, then 6.6 and 6.9gr. The 6.3 and 6.9 grain loads were very satisfying. Shooting 15 yards with my 4" M29 the 6.3 produced a 1.7" 6 shot group and the 6.9gr a 1.2" group. The 6.3gr load was so mild it felt about like a stout 38spl load, very pleasant. I believe though that the 6.9gr load will be my load. No pressure signs at all, clean clean burn, accurate and just fun to shoot.

6.9gr CFE
seafood buffet in wrightsville beach nc

6.3gr CFE
Not a criticism, just a suggestion... shooting benchrested groups at twenty-five yards will tell you a lot more about accuracy potential than shooting up close where almost everything is accurate. Accurate and inaccurate loads are far more easily separated at distance and it saves on load development ammo. Good luck-
The Following User Likes This Post: