View Single Post

Old 09-08-2021, 08:15 PM

Liked 3,092 Times in 867 Posts

Tough decision. I had a high power many years ago and never fell in love with it and didn’t keep it very long. I’m a 1911 fan and have always gone back to them when I’ve strayed.

I do however have a couple of Henry big boy brass carbines in 357 and 45LC. They’re very well made, accurate, beautifully finished and really fun to shoot. Also they’re easy to takedown and clean.

I also have a CZ 457 training rifle. It’s another very well made and beautifully finished rifle and is very accurate. It’s a joy to shoot and a totally different experience from a lever gun but equally as fun.

You mentioned Blackhawk, I sold my Super Blackhawk that I’d had for 40 plus years. I just can’t handle magnum pistols now. I wound up with two Blackhawks I. 45LC and 38/357 to go with the Henry’s. I shoot mild 38 loads in the 357 and mild 45’s. You’d probably laugh they’re so mild but I can tolerate them with arthritis in my wrists and hands. Let me say the Blackhawk is a great revolver.

I don’t know whether you’re more into rifles or is told but I’d pick the Henry for a totally different experience from what you have. Lever guns are really fun to shoot.

Edit:

Missed the S&W’s. They’re always fun. Perhaps a nice pre 17 / K22?

Last edited by .38SuperMan; 09-08-2021 at 08:25 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: