View Single Post

Old 09-09-2021, 10:13 AM

Liked 58,599 Times in 9,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmac52 View Post
As a seller, my price is firm means my price is firm. If someone makes an offer beneath my firm price, they just aren't listening. As a buyer I will never make an offer if I think the price is fair, I will pay it. If someone doesn't like my price, they should just walk.
In that case you are not as interested in selling as you are in keeping face. You would rather wait months for your price than do a deal now-which is perfectly OK and totally legitimate. I make offers all the time to a "firm Price" sticker anf if no then it's no.Not to be rude and apologies if this offends you, but my business IS negotiations and I'm talking about BIG LIFE CHANGING MONEY in pre trial mediations and EVERYTHING is negotiable. If a party doesn't want to negotiate that just means he is more than willing to roll the dice at trial and accept the risk (of loss or gain) than he is in concluding the deal. In your case not negotiating just means you are willing to sit on your wares for as long as it takes to get your price. In my experience at gunshowd and mediations is that there is NO SUCH THING as a non-negotiable position which is why I will ask.
Years ago I was like you and thougt the negotiation game was pointless and that I was not going ot participate. I would present my bottom line fair settlement demand ans asserting that I would not take one penny less. As I was the only lawyer doing this, nobody believed me and after having to spend $20,000 taking it to trial, I got my original demand but the stress and time it took to both me and my client FAR outweighed the strategy. I learned a hard lesson that ya just have to play the game. Gunshows are not as intense or life changing as 7 figure mediations, but I can assure you the principles are the same. I don't have to like to dance, but if I want to get lucky later on that night I'm a gonna dance!!!

Last edited by CAJUNLAWYER; 09-09-2021 at 10:57 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: