View Single Post

Old 09-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Liked 48,768 Times in 9,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNLAWYER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmac52 View Post
As a seller, my price is firm means my price is firm. If someone makes an offer beneath my firm price, they just aren't listening. As a buyer I will never make an offer if I think the price is fair, I will pay it. If someone doesn't like my price, they should just walk.
In that case you are not as interested in selling as you are in keeping face. You would rather wait months for your price than do a deal now-which is perfectly OK and totally legitimate. I make offers all the time to a "firm Price" sticker anf if no then it's no.Not to be rude and apologies if this offends you, but my business IS negotiations and I'm talking about BIG LIFE CHANGING MONEY in pre trial mediations and EVERYTHING is negotiable. If a party doesn't want to negotiate that just means he is more than willing to roll the dice at trial and accept the risk (of loss or gain) than he is in concluding the deal. In your case not negotiating just means you are willing to sit on your wares for as long as it takes to get your price. In my experience at gunshowd and mediations is that there is NO SUCH THING as a non-negotiable position which is why I will ask.
Caj makes a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmac52 View Post
As a seller, my price is firm means my price is firm. If someone makes an offer beneath my firm price, they just aren't listening. As a buyer I will never make an offer if I think the price is fair, I will pay it. If someone doesn't like my price, they should just walk.
Try this at the next gun show- decide what your "firm" price is. If it is $550, tag the item at $600, and give yourself room to come down $50. You might be surprised. Some people just can't bring themselves to buy if they can't "get it for less than the guy wanted".

I have a friend that mentored me on gun trading in my 20s. Trust me here- he could sell guns! If he had a gun out for sale for two weeks and it didn't sell, he'd say "Yeah, I'm gonna have to go up on the price to ever move it."
He'd do just that- go up on the price so he could give a deeper discount, and he'd sell it!
The Following 4 Users Like Post: