View Single Post

Old 09-09-2021, 11:30 AM

Liked 472 Times in 235 Posts

I do remember when gun stores and pawn shops had a box of assorted s&w and colt revolver grips for cheap and I do have several different s&w stocks in bags of other gun accessories...
It's funny I remember seeing the s&w round butt banana grips and finger groove combat grips for cheap too, sometimes in unopened plastic/cardboard packs and never cared to buy them even when seen cheap because they are not attractive to me then or now, just not to my liking at all but, they are the bee's knees to so many folks these days at a premium lol! To each his own.
Back in 1987, I bought my 1st new s&w, a 4" 686 with target stocks for a then new cost of $287 after boot camp graduation. I loved the grip of the k/L frame targets and shot it very well with that setup....my good friend was with me at a gun store browsing and it was my b-day, so he sneakily with good intentions, bought a pair of hogue finger grip very rubbery grips for my 686 thinking I would be super happy, I graciously put them on and they felt good shooting with them but, I soon swapped them out and he noticed right away and I told him I just liked to swap them back and forth, trying not to bruise his feelings of good intention or show lack of gratuitude but I just never warmed up to them and have always loved the classic look of the factory targets and of course the great grip...many years later, I have purchased a new 29 mtn gun that came with two sets of stocks, a crummy pair of digital cnc cut pair in wood with a crummily placed set of logos, and a set of hogues with s&w logos embossed or stamped in them-barf, I bought a couple different sets to fill my needs but the new gun stocks leave a lot to be desired! Cheers for vintage s&w stocks though!

Last edited by mikeruns; 09-09-2021 at 04:31 PM.