View Single Post

Old 09-10-2021, 11:49 PM

Liked 14,848 Times in 5,049 Posts

I think it’s hard to get the right answer here because it isn’t quite so clearly defined what the goal might be. As well, you very well may not truly know what your goal is. And the word “collection” also needs to be defined… as that word means different things to each of us.

I’ve often said that there exists a certain group of S&W guns that are exceptionally good for folks to chase. These are the models that were so well designed and so well received by the buying public that S&W made -MANY- which keeps the collectible price/value in check as they are not rare, unless you chase odd (but original) variations that are hard to find.

Those models include the ubiquitous Model 10, the Model 15, the 17, the fantastic Model 14, the ever popular Model 19, the solid Model 28 and the Model 66. At this point, the 686 has earned a place here too.

Yes, fantastic arguments can be made for other models, but I have listed these specifically as guns that were SO GOOD and so wanted by the buying public, so tons of them were made. Getting high grade examples of each of these can be done without a second mortgage.

If that idea isn’t exciting and isn’t the right answer then… sell your car and get a high grade Registered Magnum. After that, it’s all down hill.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: