View Single Post

Old 09-11-2021, 07:48 PM

Liked 1,863 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBro View Post
Not trying to hijack but every time someone asks for a powder recommendation for a revolver cartridge immediately Unique is the numerous uno powder to use. My question is, do you guys who seem to use it for everything have a stockpile stored up ( smart) or is there somewhere to buy it even now? I'd love to see for myself, if I could find some for sale someplace other than gunbroker for $90+ $50 shipping.
Yes, I keep a coupla lbs of Unique in reserve, besides the one I have open. Of course that is easier to do now that I use a larger choice of powders. I don't use Unique as much as I did as I have found there are better choices for some applications. When I first got out of the Navy I went to 'Ken's House of Guns' in Texarkana Tx. and bought a RCBS Junior press and the salesman recommended the Lyman 45th manual and showed me that I could load my .44 Mag & Spl and .38spl and .357 as well as most other handgun calibers with Unique. It was all I used for a coupla years til I bought my first lb of H-2400........
The Following User Likes This Post: