View Single Post

Old 09-12-2021, 09:04 AM

Liked 4,280 Times in 1,195 Posts
Default Another baby boomer child of the 50s...

I bought my first S&W revolver in 1978- a couple of years after I graduated from college and actually had some spending cash. Like USBP SW, mine was a brand spankin' new 4" blued Model 57 with presentation case (because there were no Model 29s available). However, I found out that I really liked the .41 Magnum and it got me into reloading. That revolver was stolen the following year, and I replaced it with a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum with a 7-1/2" bbl. It was quite a few years later, after raising a family, that I could justify collecting guns. As many Forum members will tell you, it's addicting! I have a modest collection, mostly S&W N-frames- a few of those are .44 Magnums including a 4-screw .44 Magnum (1957), and a bunch of Model 29-2s in 4", 6", and 6-1/2". All are beautiful revolvers, accurate, and fun to shoot. I do still have my original Model 57 presentation case (relined by jcelect some years ago), and I would like to replace the Model 57. They're getting harder to find, but I'll keep looking.