View Single Post

Old 09-12-2021, 12:17 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,411 Times in 583 Posts
Talking Collecting

I am a "born again" history buff with a tendency towards collecting guns involved in the history of American conflicts, however guns during other periods also find my attention. The "winning of the West", the Civil War, WWI, WWII are all represented in my collections. There are periods in your life where access to guns and the availability of funds meet to form the perfect storm. I have guns ,that represent America, hanging on the walls of my office. Some of those include a Springfield 45-70 carbine, the infantry musket with fixed baonet in the corner, 2 Colt .41s, 7 S&W pocket revolvers, an 1873 Winchester and Civil War swords, etc. I surround myself with history. It is the core of my collection philosophy. It started slowly with purchases that started to form a pattern and proceeded from there. Honestly, there is no set plan anywhere. It evolved thru our subconscious mind and morfed into the addiction that we all share. Go with what feels right, because that's right for you at your time and place in history.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: