View Single Post

Old 09-14-2021, 08:45 AM

Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execpro View Post
Whenever you shoot a new gun, it should be off a bench rest with a sand bag or other pistol rest to reduce the chance of human error (gun movement).
That gives you an accurate picture of where your sights are. Then you can adjust them as needed to hit POA/POI.
Over 50 years of shooting handguns, I have had to adjust sights on a few guns and always use this method.
I also check sights in at 5 yards. It gives you a better idea of what the gun
is capable of for group size and for most people the part of the target you
are shooting at is much easier to see (i sight in on the single digit numbers on the target). JMO
Ok. I will re-center the sight and use my pistol rest (again) to see if shooting left is reproduced. I'll put up 2 targets side by side and shoot the right target from the pistol rest right handed. Shoot the left target left handed to see if the pattern duplicates my right hand and rule out as much movement as possible. Thanks for your suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurek View Post
Do not mess up with front sight.
Use the rear one, which is adjustable to find POI=POA.
There is no way that you will need to adjust it so far to the edge.
Center it, use bench rest method as Execpro suggested or shoot your other hand.
[my local range doesn't allow "bench rest" shooting so I shoot my other hand to verify sights. Try it, you will be amazed how accurate you can be with the first 2 -3 shots ]
I agree the sight shouldn't need to be moved this far to the right which bugged me so I came here to ask you folks for help. The front sight is off 0.01259843" (0.32mm) to the left. Not enough to bother with. Thanks for your suggestions!
The Following User Likes This Post: