View Single Post

Old 09-14-2021, 12:04 PM

Liked 971 Times in 360 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Rider View Post
Stainless6Shooter: The idea that you will buy only one more S&W revolver is almost laughable. The reality is that once you purchase one or two of these fine revolvers, you're hooked. You quickly become addicted. You want more...you can't get enough. And there's no 12-step program to help you. Just ask any Forum member how they got started and where they are now!

Just kidding, of course... but based in truth. I hope that you're able to find your RM. They are scarce, highly sought after by collectors, and pricey. The RM is a "grail gun" to many of us, and well outside most of our budgets. The same goes for the Non-Registered Magnums, which followed the RMs. Good hunting!

Speaking of books, you may want to purchase a copy of the "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, 4th Ed." by Supica and Nahas. It's the "bible" for S&W Forum members and collectors. Jim Supica is an expert on S&Ws, and a Forum member who is always available to provide some insight and guidance.

You are likely right as when I got my 686-1 I thought this is the only gun I’ll ever need! For home defense and carry I still feel confident in that. Even so, learning more about the history of S&W, in particular the history of the registered magnum has me coveting a pre-war .357! Very pricey but I’m patient and can hunt for years! Once I do get one, I’ll probably find another one I like, such as the Model 66, man you are right it is an addiction hahahaha!

I definitely need to get a copy of that book because as a historian I’d love to learn more about firearms history (a weak area for me) especially S&W history/.357 magnum history, I adore my 686-1 and the .357 magnum round it shoots. As weird as it may sound I find shooting .357 magnum easier than I did shooting .38 out of the Taurus 856 ultra lite I had. Maybe 🤔 not weird but .38 hurt my hands and I have zero issues shooting .357 out of the 686, probably because it’s heavier but it just works so well for me regardless of the reason it just seems like the 686-1 and .357 magnum round were meant for me.

P.S. A sincere thanks to all of you experienced gun owners helping an ignorant noob learn here. I bought my first gun only half a year ago (Taurus 856 I traded) and since then shooting at the range has become my favorite past time. This community has been so overwhelmingly positive & helpful to me in spite of my lack of experience. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, you are all wonderful and kind people!

Last edited by BabaBlueJay; 09-14-2021 at 12:13 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: