View Single Post

Old 09-15-2021, 07:46 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,796 Times in 475 Posts
Default Facebook ad reveals new gun shop in town. Score: Ruger MKII Stainless Standard....

Had a Facebook "pop up" ad that there were new owners of "Shirleys Market", a convenience store located about four miles from me in Sugar Grove, Virginia. In that ad/post were these pictures, revealing they put in a gun counter at Shirley's Market:

So, that was a "No Brainer" to go by and check it out. In the rifle rack, Ruger 10/22 in Mannlicher stock, Ruger 10/22 Target with hammer forged barrel, lots of hunting rifles and AR-15's. In the pistol case, Ruger MKII Standard Stainless 6" .22, blued Ruger 6" Standard .22, Smith & Wesson 642 with no lock, all priced very reasonably.

As luck would have it, my wife and I set up at the Flea Market the next day to get rid of a bunch of junk, sales from that venture freed up enough cash to go back and get the Ruger Stainless Standard 6". 1994 vintage according to the Ruger web site:

The shop owner said he gets a lot of trades in, so I imagine I'll be a frequent visitor to Shirley's Market.....
The Following 7 Users Like Post: