View Single Post

Old 09-15-2021, 10:36 AM

Liked 9,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

I've always liked the miniscule .22. Something different and to see how accurate it was at different ranges,,25, 50 and 100m at the range.

Surprising what it can do.
Aside from the bunch of older .22's that accept S,L,LR, the only .22Short only gun I have is a Remington Model 12B Gallery Special.
'Used up beyond hope' was the message on the sale tag. Well I had to buy it just to save it. It actually is all there, but only has rifling in the last 12" on the bbl or so. With that it shoots 3" groups at 50M over a rest w/ Aguia (sp) .22shorts.
Still awaiting it's turn at a restoration.

I had a Model 62A Winchester in 22Short only. Converted to a pistol grip and restocked, and engraved, gold inlayed.
Shot it a lot before the work with the same South of the Border ammo.
That's gone now.

In JHS, a friends father bought an arm load of Remington Model 24 semiauto rifles in 22short from a local amusement park that closed their shooting gallery.
Along with it a wall of bricks of Peters 'gallery' 22short ammo.

We had a great time for many weekends a field supposedly hunting, but really just burning up that Peters ammo shooting at most any target around. Plinking at it's best

Never was able to actualy buy one of those well used Gallery Queens ,,too expensive perhaps. Probably $20 or $25 at the time. I don't really recall now.
Later on in HS I saved and bought a new Nylon 66. :-(
Then wished I had been able to get one of the used Model 24's instead.

I still buy .22short ammo when I see it at a decent price. But most of it is priced like it's Norma Big Bore Nitro Express Premium
The Following User Likes This Post: