View Single Post

Old 09-15-2021, 05:28 PM

Liked 3,964 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdogs View Post
I'm curious, where does a Swenson 1911 fall in your shooter/collector columns? Think it is actually worth less than a factory original Colt? "Collectors" include a wide range of folks, and not all of them are looking for LNIB examples. Personally, I have no use for a vintage S&W that looks like it just left the assembly line.
I wouldn't have a clue about a Swenson, other than I heard a lot about them years ago. But there again, that's a gun for a specific audience. Compared to the general gun owning population, the folks that use and collect these expensive shooters is very small.
Look, I'm not trying to be a pessimist. It's just real-life that in an era of plastic throwaway guns, each one operating identically, these specialized guns aren't going to get more than a passing, "Wow, that's nice! Where are the Glocks?" type of response. Even competitive shooters trend more toward these "race guns" and the like. It's as if the PPC revolver came more or less at the beginning of specialized competition guns, but time and technology has kinda passed them by. A 1938 Indy car in perfect shape might be a masterpiece - but does anyone seriously think it would be competitive today?
The Following 2 Users Like Post: