View Single Post

Old 09-15-2021, 06:59 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 45,740 Times in 4,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modified View Post
...when you did get the gun, did it please you in the way you thought it would prior to owning it?

Or did you maybe feel the gun had been a bit overhyped? Or maybe just not quite what you thought it would be?

Or, did the gun maybe prove to be even better then you expected?

I'm curious not only about the answers to these questions, but the reasons behind them.
Caleb:

Here are my responses, for the ones on your list that I have owned:

K32:

I very much enjoy this gun. I never shot it (or any K-32 for that matter) and I purchased it to complete a Masterpiece trio. As I own a bunch of K-22 and K-38 Masterpieces, I think it came in right at my expectations.

Registered Magnum:

A couple of my favorites...

I bought my first RM and I was hooked. I still love them and think they may be one of the finest revolvers to ever roll off the factory line.

Triple Lock

I owned one... it never really flipped my switch and I sold it. THAT said, if I could find a reasonably priced, well-used Target TL in 44 Special, I would probably be all over it.

2" Pre-War M&P

This one really flips all of my switches - pre-war 2" M&P, engraved, and King Super Police - the S&W pearls are also very nice...

Pre-War Terriers

This little guy is amazing in the attention to detail for a little carry .38 S&W.

Pre-War Kit Guns

Not exactly a pre-war Kit Gun, but a lot of pre-war parts on this transitional Kit Gun. It also is very nice and will remain in my collection for a long time.

K-22/40

About as fine a revolver as was ever created - you have to love the original micrometer rear sight individually fit to each gun. It makes me smile every time I pull it out of the safe.

King Super Targets

King Super Target - aftermarket modifications that took nice, but relatively common guns and elevated them to the level consistent with any firearm "work of art". When combined with Roper grips, KST's are something truly qualified to bear the label "fabled guns."

The other guns on your list have not been on my want list... yet...

Thanks for letting me share,

Last edited by RKmesa; 09-16-2021 at 09:12 AM.
The Following 16 Users Like Post: