View Single Post

Old 09-16-2021, 06:21 PM

Liked 1,023 Times in 262 Posts

Let me try to put some perspective on the collector (who values originality above all else) vs the shooter (who values function above all else), and the factor of time. Back in the 60s and 70s, when we were coming up with revolvers to have modified for PPC use, these now collectible survivors were just revolvers that we carried in our holsters. Most of us valued our revolvers highly and took excellent care of them. But they had a purpose, so they were carried regardless of environment, and were shot, often monthly, for training and qualification. We did not then look at them as future survivors and collectibles. When we wanted a PPC revolver we selected the base from what was available, with no thought given to the future value (or lack of) of our PPC revolver relative to what the value of the base gun would have been if not modified. Any critical appraisal of a PPC revolver should be done with an understanding of that context. I am never going to sell any of my firearms. So value is immaterial to me. As I said in my original post, at the time, these PPC revolvers were the pinnacle of a competition gun for this discipline. If properly maintained, they are still great shooters. Mine still are. Given the situation with the firearms themselves, the enjoyment of the matches, and the overall great memories of those times, the cost was a bargain. I would not trade it for anything. That is what goes through my mind when I look at my PPC revolver. That, to me, is something of value.

Last edited by RetCapt; 09-16-2021 at 06:29 PM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: