View Single Post

Old 09-17-2021, 07:16 PM

Liked 29,143 Times in 14,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypointmarine View Post
I have a StockIII Witness in 38Super .I always wanted something in 38Super and went hunting . I was looking at a Colt , but my FFL said you don't want a Colt , you want a Tanfoglio . The mag holds 17 rounds and I bought 3 more , so I can shoot a bit before reloading . I have more than a few PC pistols , and my Tanfoglio is right up there with them . I'm considering buying a 9mm conversion for it , mainly because of it's accuracy . I don't know about their less expensive line , but mine is a very well built , tight tolerances , and extremely accurate . I know they make race guns that run $2-3000 .
I don't know what a Stock III Witness is, but in the large frame Witness, the only conversion required to make a 9mm from a .38 Super is a 9mm barrel and magazine. But it has to be a 9mm barrel for the large frame. The slide is the same for 9mm and .38 Super. Might also need a lighter recoil spring when shooting 9mm depending on how husky your 9mm loads are. I have found that a Beretta 92/M9 recoil spring fits and works perfectly in my Witness when using 9mm.