View Single Post

Old 09-20-2021, 11:05 AM

Liked 25 Times in 10 Posts

Thanks All!

I appreciate all the feedback and support. I admit I shoot semi-autos better than revolvers, but I just LIKE the look of a nice revolver too much.

As far as lands/grooves go, I honestly don't care- as long as they are not worn out. I have micro-groove barrels on Marlins and more traditional [ballard?] grooves cut into others. As long as the rifling twists it and the crown is good, I don't care. The only reason I brought them up is that it seemed the only visual cue that was mentioned to identify if it was an Apex or a Douglas/etc barrel.

The only reason I care about twist rates is because I have a LOT of 125gr TC Lead rounds from Penn Bullets that I have yet to touch. It is a long story, but I kept those rounds as I figured I could use them in something.

I was just wondering if there was a twist rate that would best work for these lighter weight bullets at around 750fps [unloaded, so the speed could change, but these are not for over 900fps, according to website].

Some good tips on loads to use- Thank you!

On the chamber and forcing cone scrubbers- would this be similar to the Lewis Lead Removal system?

Or is this something else that I should get in addition to the Lewis system?

Thanks to all who have commented, and to all who may chose to share your thoughts!
The Following User Likes This Post: