View Single Post

Old 10-06-2021, 12:03 AM

Liked 9,263 Times in 3,702 Posts

Bought a Glock 42 a couple of years ago, and my wife can kinda shoot it - with less discomfort than a full sized 9mm Glock. Ergonomically, the bigger pistols are much better, but she is small and has a bad back, so there are compromises. I bought some crazy amount of ammo for it - mostly ball, a bunch of Black Hils Honey Badger, and some Fiocchi 95 grain JHP (which comes pretty close to passing the FBI testing protocols). Replaced the sights with XS Big Dots, because precision is not as important as seeing the sights because of my eyes.

It was SLOW to break in. I think I wrote about it here at the time. It took a couple hundred rounds of the ball ammo to start working right; a bunch more of the JHP to feed them reliably. The Honey Badger has a very light recoil impulse and my recollection is that I was several hundred (600+) of the heavier ammo before the HB would work.

Generally it is a house gun, accessible to my wife. For the last couple weeks it has been my daily carry. Due to my recent abdominal surgery, regular trousers are pretty much a non-issue and I am wearing track pants or sweats. The g42 in a Mika pocket holster is as functional as it gets with those. Not optimal; better than nothing.