View Single Post

Old 10-12-2021, 02:29 PM

Liked 62 Times in 26 Posts
Wink Pocket 22 pistol

I’m looking for a moderately priced da rimfire that’s slightly smaller than my M&P22 Compact and light weight enough to be casually carried in a light jacket or cargo pocket. I have been considering the Berreta 21 and Taurus P22. Can any of you provide comparison (+/-) experience with recently mfg versions? I’ve read the previous threads I could find here but am having a hard time deciding on a direct benefits vs drawbacks for these. Any other current mfg that I should consider will be appreciated. I use dao semi autos for most defensive carry situations (P229DAK, P290Rs, 3953) when out and about. Little gun for around the farmstead, dog walking, small pests, and “FUN”.

I was somewhat surprise and certainly pleased by the level of response to my quest. Thank you all. Lurking on the big GB site I watched availability and sales $$ for the little pistols discussed here. I was successful in winning a very low cost Taurus PT22. I’ve had a chance to give it a clean and lube and taken it to the backyard range for trials. It is not perfect in appearance or function but so far seems to perform acceptably with both Federal and Winchester hv round nose loads. Definitely not as reliable as I would want for personal defense; but that was not the role I intended for it to fill. I am happy to have it in a pocket as I do chores and walk the mutts around our 3+ acres and dispatch the farm rodents lurking about. Thanks again to all who contributed!

Last edited by JFthunder; 11-16-2021 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Update on what I decided