View Single Post

Old 10-14-2021, 03:58 PM

Liked 14,861 Times in 5,053 Posts

Not to get too far off in the weeds on the primer subject, but I've been staunchly married to the CCI-500 small pistol primer since 1989. Only because that was what the LGS had for this 16 year old kid venturing down this journey alone.

When I got my first PPC revolver more than 7 years ago, I knew from much research that it was likely going to demand the Federal 100 primer. But still gotta try, right? And with each PPC revolver I added, still gotta try, right?

Across four of them, three being S&W K-frames and the Bill Davis being a Cougar/Rython/"PUGER!", a Python barrel mounted to a Ruger Service Six, I am lucky to get 4 bang from a cyliderful of .38 Special loaded with the CCI-500 primer. And I get 100% with no deviation when I feed it the Federal 100.

When I posted early in this thread, my intention wasn't to start a campaign saying that no custom PPC revolvers will reliably pop CCI-500 primers. Rather, what I think is important to share is that if you have never owned a custom PPC revolver with a mouth-watering ridiculous double action trigger stroke, there's a very good chance that your first range trip could be frustrating and I would hate for a new owner to think "arrgh, this gun is broke!" because that's just not the case.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: