View Single Post

Old 10-15-2021, 08:44 PM

Liked 3,179 Times in 895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnu2 View Post
I always sign in and jump into these ammo/components threads. I always say the same thing i.e. it's a contrived shortage. I also say that the ONLY way to beat the system is to NOT BUY. THIS TIME, I have to mention that a fairly well know gun-guy mentioned that he recently returned from a hunt in Africa where he was able to visit a LARGE gun store. There was NO SHORTAGE of ammo or components AND when he asked the owner about it, the owner said that 'if we don't have it in stock, we can absolutely get it in two to three weeks'. This is the first time my belief in the contrived shortage has proved-out. DON'T BUY and DON'T SHOOT if you don't have the ammo/fixins. It's the only way to win this one.
J.
Last year there were 39.9 million guns sold and in the first 6 months of this year 22.25 million. That’s over 62 million guns to feed. Not all were new owners but these all need ammo. If each owner buys 2 50 round boxes it comes to 6.2 billion rounds that need produced. I’m guessing the demand was much higher. That’s not even counting those of us stockpiling ammo and primers.

I don’t believe for a second that the shortage is artificial