View Single Post

Old 11-07-2021, 12:55 PM

Liked 122 Times in 84 Posts

i understand its philosophy of use, but if it's painful to shoot, it's not going to be shot often, and therefore people will avoid practicing with it. your carry gun should be shot as often if not more than your range guns. think about it, your range gun is unlikely to be involved in a violent encounter. depending on where you live, even your home defense ar-15s and shotguns may not likely be employed compared to your personal carry. i think by improving its shootability and inherent ease of use, it will encourage more use of it.

more practice and familiarity with your daily carry gun means the elimination of any and all liability. not to mention there are situations where you may be forced to engage in long distance. the person who practices more often is going to be able to make that shot without the possibility of missing and striking a bystander. as we've learned too often from police shootings, bystanders may be injured simply from the ricochet, some have even died from being struck in the head or eye from fragments. putting all rounds on target is absolutely crucial.

as for the safety,i agree it's too flush that's why i suggested a 1911 style long lever, the type used on current full size m&p and some of the shields would fit that purpose. i don't foresee any cloth catching issues if the back of the safety is streamlined. the 1911 safety is designed with a rounded back just like the back of many sights to avoid catching.

i think the reason the bodyguard 1.0's safety is so small and flush is because people want it to be as flush to the body as possible. and i suspect the trigger pull was designed to be so long and heavy because s&w anticipated that many people may simply disengage the safety whenever they are carrying and enable it again when they returned home. i think a 1911 style safety designed in the style of the shield's safety, ie smaller, more rounded and flush, would fit the purpose of the bodyguard 2.0, especially because it would need to be disengaged and engaged during a fight like a thumb safety is traditionally used. therefore i suggested a lighter trigger pull is compensation of this with the added advantage of better accuracy and handling

Last edited by m&p2.0fdethumbsafety; 11-07-2021 at 01:00 PM.