View Single Post

Old 11-07-2021, 07:36 PM

Liked 7,400 Times in 2,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
Okay, stop!

Y'all are turning a hilarious, concealed carry, accidental political event into a discussion wholly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

First, every weapon is a tool just like every square is a rectangle. So you need to get past the rhetoric and enjoy the moment.

An idiotic hoplophobe's mortification at the concept of a dinner companion carrying a weapon is cause for laughter amongst us in the gun community, not cause for dictionary definitions about the usage of edged tools.

Enjoy the moment! It's a "you could have heard a pin drop" moment of hilarity. Let it be!
It was not my intention to derail the thread, I was merely making a statement which is peripherally relevant to the discussion at hand.

He may not have intended it to be taken seriously, but alas, there exists an ever-growing number of individuals who share sentiments that knives are not weapons simply because they are situationally less effective as weapons compared to firearms. I strongly disagree with this sentiment on the grounds that it is fundamentally flawed and enables irresponsible individuals to disrespect the potential lethality of knives by miscategorizing them as mere tools which are only peripherally lethal when they are for the most part factually designed as offensive weapons first and foremost with their utility as tools being a secondary design feature.

As a result, I felt the need to offer a differing viewpoint on the subject of "knives as tools" which I initially had no intention of making any further statements on, just on the off chance that the OP or anyone else in this thread honestly feels that knives do not qualify as weapons merely because they aren't as effective (at range) as firearms or that their secondary utility as tools somehow diminishes/detracts from their primary roles as offensive weapons.

Hopefully we can all agree that weapons should be respected as such, preferably with any jests to the contrary being clearly sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek. That is all.