Thread: M&P 10mm
View Single Post

Old 11-16-2021, 05:45 PM

Liked 7,367 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickflst View Post
Not sure I want to pick up a new caliber to feed. I do like the M&Ps. I have 9s and 40s. Is the magical 10 worth it? Something to think about though.
Depends, does a more powerful .40cal cartridge appeal to you? Would you have any use whatsoever for a cartridge capable of launching a 200gr projectile at 1200fps delivering up to 700ft-lbs of kinetic energy, even if it's strictly for personal amusement? Could you ever see yourself developing a need for a relatively lightweight yet powerful pistol packing energy on par with full-power .357 Magnum but with 3x the capacity of a standard 5-shot Revolver?

Personally, I wanted one because a powerful semiautomatic pistol appeals to me, and because my residential area is surrounded by woods where hardy predatory animals roam. Granted I haven't gone into the woods in years, nor do I plan on going into those woods, but the wild animals in those woods have been creeping into the suburbs at night, and we've heard them, found tracks/scat belonging to Hogs and even Black Bear in the yard, so the idea of having a powerful handgun to carry should we ever have to do something outside at night is comforting.