View Single Post

Old 11-26-2021, 07:18 PM

Liked 25,707 Times in 8,687 Posts

Glocks are basically the same as most striker fired pistols are! I would not want one with a manual safety! I have seen too many people rely on manual safety's that are often flicked off by accident. Just as scary are people who purposely leave the safety in the off position for a quick shot and inadvertently flick them on! If they need the gun immediately, they will not understand why the gun didn't go bang. IMHO most safeties are either too big (can easily be flicked on or off by accident) or too small, making them hard to activate in a moment of need.

Glocks, Sigs, an alike all have internal safeties to insure they won't go off if dropped, bumped etc and the only way for them to be fired is when the trigger is pulled. MAKE SURE that trigger is not pulled unless you want it to go off. Even the center "so called safety" in Glock triggers (which I personally dislike) is almost just as vulnerable as the rest of the trigger. If pulled by accident it will still go off - one reason I don't like them. They offer little to no real safety.

After carrying a Revolver for 40 years my muscle memory & mindset is to draw and pull the trigger. I do not want to introduce a third step that I have to learn now! KISS!!

My EDC is a P365 with no safety. With these striker fired pistols it is imperative to always carry them in a holster that covers the trigger guard. Keep that finger off the trigger unless you are ready, willing and able to discharge a shot. Practice, practice, practice!

Last edited by chief38; 11-26-2021 at 07:22 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: