View Single Post

Old 12-04-2021, 02:26 PM

Liked 556 Times in 139 Posts

THANKS, Fellers!!

When I was a kid living under my grandfather's roof, Uncle John was my Hero. My dad was not there, but John and "Papa Wilson" were. John's youth and personality were a magnet to a kid less than 7 years old. He had motor scooter, Plymouth convertible, and GUNS!! I memorized every one of them: 16 gauge double barrel, etc.

From what I understand, John received this old revolver from his deceased twin brother who died 1994. "Uncle George" was equally magnetizing as Uncle John and he also had neat stuff, including all the Moon clips, Army canteens, etc. George was a Korean war hero, cut down by Chinese machine gun fire at the Battle of Triangle Hill where the Chinese prevailed. George was a Sargent who earned 2 bronze stars and 2 Purple Hearts.............and survived!!

So today, I sit here wondering if George picked that gun up overseas?? Maybe John will know if I ask.

Meanwhile, the butt is Square. I plan to check the grips in the next couple days for matching serial number. The cylinder definitely matches!

Uncle John passed the gun to me in a paper bag (LOADED) in the parking lot of a restaurant yesterday. He asked: "What kind of bullets are those?" I explained it contained 6 rounds of Wad Cutters, R-P, and that they were usually used for target work.

IF my feeble mind holds up, I hope to post any further findings.

God Bless our Service Men and Women!!!

Last edited by BoCash; 12-04-2021 at 02:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: