View Single Post

Old 12-15-2021, 06:13 PM

Liked 189 Times in 79 Posts
Default home defense/carry gun ammo choices

keep a glock 43 loaded with 124 gr. federals . home defense & carry gun also
back up is a ruger sp101 357 with magsafe ammo . no one has this ammo any more and it is proven lethal . i happen to have a stash of it .....bought years ago and kept in controlled inviremant .
had smith pocket 38 as carry gun for many years & can remember trying to master 158 gr. loads in this gun . futile effort . shot mostly lighter stuff in it , 110 gr. hp's & the like . the ruger is hefty for a 2 " , bout 23 oz. shot both guns today , the g43 acted as its usual self . totally reliable & good hits at 50'. the ruger ? had 142 gr. jsp's 357's and they were a little jumpy but not that bad compared to the 158 gr. 357's ! as i think back , i never really liked that darn 158 gr. load , in the 2 guns i have fired it in . i have a 44 magnum in a 6 " revolver that will let you know it is there , but a fairly lightly shooter compared to those 158 gr . loads !
maybe its just me but i can not understand why anyone , including the experts would reccomend this load . hit probability is low for me with this hvy load , even in the ruger .... what about you guys ? !