View Single Post

Old 12-18-2021, 11:30 AM

Liked 645 Times in 289 Posts
Default Guns I will never sell

From the late 60's through early 70's my father bought a number of guns. For a time my father had given up hunting and actually owned no guns for awhile. When he got back into hunting he bought a used Model 94 in .32spl that was made in the mid 50's. This was followed by a used Ruger Super Blackhawk. Both of these guns were taken on many hunting trips to New Hampshire and hold a lot of fond memories. Later on a brand new S&W Model 36 2" RB Blued and a custom 98 Mauser with a Mannlicher stock, claw mount scope, double set triggers and full engraving on the receiver, floor plate and trigger guard were added. There were many other guns he picked up during this time but these are the ones that stayed.

For Christmas one year I received a new Ruger 10/22. When I showed an interest in learning to shoot handguns I received as a gift a used Colt Officers .38 that was made just before Colt discontinued this model. This is the gun that got me into reloading.

I later received as gifts a Colt .22 Peacemaker, S&W Model 18 and for a graduation present a 6" Nickeled Model 27.

The Model 18 is the .22 handgun that I shoot the most. I still enjoy occasionally shooting the rest of them. While there are other guns that I shoot much more, these are the guns that I will never sell. The sentimental value that they have far exceeds any dollar amount.
The Following User Likes This Post: