View Single Post

Old 12-28-2021, 07:08 PM

Liked 3,030 Times in 1,261 Posts

I don't know what information was dispatched to the primary officer(s) involved. However it may be that he was relayed the information (apparently incorrect) from the caller that said shots had been fired. I suspect that that mis-information resulted from the suspect slamming the cable lock into something causing the loud sharp bang heard in the recording.

So, the officers were, to their knowledge, responding to an active shooter situation. My active shooter training (as a result of Columbine) was to respond with speed at the expense of risk to myself or other officers and without waiting for full support or backup to rapidly terminate the threat before (more) lives are lost. I assume they had similar and probably better training. (I don't think I phrased that well but hopefully you get the idea.)

They arrive and find blood on the floor and an injured citizen and see a suspect presumably armed with a firearm (based on the report) about to flee from immediate sight. Take him out now!

The death of the child is a horrendous outcome, obviously. I don't even have words for that...

As for the suspect, well tough. His death was a result of his own stupid or deranged actions and just bad luck due to the way the call came in. The responding officers are going to error on the side of, well error in an effort to stop what was a perceived mass shooting.

I really can't adequately express my feelings on the situation without getting censored.

A bad situation with a very bad outcome.
The Following User Likes This Post: