View Single Post

Old 12-28-2021, 08:30 PM

Liked 11,634 Times in 3,533 Posts

The LAPD video release is 35 minutes - if you watch the actual bodycam and store surveillance video and listen to the conversation, the officer only discussed the decedent "...hitting..on the right side" of the woman left bleeding on the floor. No one said anything about a gun from the time they geared up to the end of the video although one initial dispatch call said it was a shooting. We don't see mobile data terminal traffic. The most relevant part is from 27:00 to the end.

The shooting of a whacko armed with a bike chain and lock who is several feet from (and no further threat to) the victim, who has broken off his attack, and who is trying to run away in a store where you have several police officers on the same floor within a few feet, is outside of any recent use of force policy of which I'm aware, and probably violates Garner as well. No commands, no use of the less-lethal weaponry on the several officers immediately at arrest site - this one will be expensive.

The decedent won't be missed by me, so I'll likely not make his celebration of life.

I can't even imagine how awful the officer who fired feels.

Last edited by biku324; 12-28-2021 at 08:49 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: