View Single Post

Old 01-02-2022, 11:44 AM
US Veteran

Liked 50,502 Times in 6,019 Posts

I was introduced to the 1911 and 1911A1 pistols in 1953 when I was in JROTC. I got to shoot them some back then and they worked just fine. I can completely take them apart with no tools whatsoever, and put them back together the same way.

I bought my first one in 1961, and have a stable of them now. All of them work just fine, thank you - and some date back to 1914.

My wife's stepfather carried one in Korea as his only armament when he was trapped behind enemy lines. Never heard him complain that his gun was unreliable.

I really don't choose to heed someone named Vickers. I much prefer accept an opinion from a guy named Cooper - I've been reading his common sense writings since the early 1960s; can't say that he's ever been wrong on much.

These are my "go to" carry pistols. They all work with anything I feed them, from lead semiwadcutters to hollow points to hardball. While any caliber from .22 on up can be lethal, if the chips were down and I had my druthers, I think the .45 ACP has proved itself time and time again.

Here's what I carry when I want to be double-damn sure of reliability and effectiveness.

John