View Single Post

Old 01-13-2022, 11:10 AM

Liked 7,366 Times in 2,508 Posts

The only modifications I've made to my carry guns are the sights and the striker plates.

Trigger mods seem highly unnecessary to me because as long as the stock trigger will actually cause the firearm to discharge when I need it to, then it will serve its purpose. I don't care about how smooth, short, crisp, or sweet the trigger pull is, nor do I suspect that it would make any real difference in a self-defense situation. I'll leave that stuff to the folks who enjoy the pursuit of the illusive ideal carry gun and spend my time/money on training/ammunition to become proficient with what I have.

As for the concept of a customized/modified firearm being a potential liability in court. I wouldn't sweat it, because realistically any prosecutor who is going to nitpick minor details regarding otherwise innocuous modifications must be seriously hurting for any concrete incriminating evidence, and thus has no case.
So yeah, just don't do anything stupid like put an overtly threatening logo/phrase on your carry gun, and I think you'll do fine.
I've got some custom striker plates on my carry guns, but they're inscribed with a Bible verse, and not one which alludes to battle either, so if a prosecutor wants to try to turn that on me then they can have at it, fail miserably, then see what happens to the reputation of a dishonest man who attempts to twist the word of God to condemn an innocent man.