View Single Post

Old 01-14-2022, 10:57 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,613 Times in 1,498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Phoenix View Post
Messers 1484 and 38: Hmmm, switch the sears? Great idea. So I disassembled the Model 60 AGAIN. Now I have two hammers to fiddle with. I used some 6 mm wide Tamiya masking tape (from my rocket building - Level 1 high power) to secure the ends of the sear while removing the sear pin. Don't want that pesky little spring to escape. So I switched the sears and reassembled the gun with the bobbed hammer. It works!
Mr 5X: I'm sorry, sir, but the spurred hammer is not for sale.
Mr 44: I'm glad you guys have numbers. The Model 60 works fine in double action with the bobbed hammer. But it will not hold in the fully cocked position. Now what?
My intention in installing a bobbed hammer was to make the gun a better concealed carry piece. A bobbed hammer is much less likely to snag on anything. But I did not mean to render it double action only. Is there a way to restore the single action function with the bobbed hammer?
Thanks again to all of you.
Bob
I have an NY-1 marked Model 60, with the factory bobbed hammer. This is a double action only hammer. I suggest you compare the two hammers again and you'll likely see that the bobbed hammer has no single action sear notch.